Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sectionals

Sectionals is over!!  I swam the 800 free relay and the 50 free on Thursday, the 200 free, 100 fly and 400 free relay on Friday, nothing on Saturday, and the 100 free and 400 medley relay on Sunday.  I had some great best LC times in everything! 

This meet was one of the biggest, if not THE biggest meet I have ever been to.  Everybody was so fast!  Warm-ups were crazy, there, I was the one being passed all the time!  There were so many fast swims, it was a cool meet to watch.  Get this; there was a girl who went a 2:13 in the 200 back, LC.  She shattered the meet record which was a 2:17!  And then in the A final of the men's 50 free, there were 23s and 24s!  This was an amazing meet.

My mom and I drove there together, while the rest of the sectional team drove down with Charlie.  The only thing that was upseting about that was parking.  Coaches got to park in the parking garage that WASN'T CROWDED.  Everybody else had to walk about a couple hundred miles around campus to the parking garage.  After finals, we had to walk in the sleet, the ice cold rain and billowing wind pounding on us, blowing our umbrellas inside out, and making us feel... ticked off.  Then we find out the next day that we could have cut through a parking lot and cut our time by over half.  *sigh*

This was the first meet where they had forever to warm up.  I mean really.  They gave us 2 hours!  I got there at the crack of dawn and we got to get in a lot of our warm up before the pool really got crowded.

Here is a first; they had a camera guy film everybody in finals and have it up on a screen by the score board!!  That was very cool.  Though I didn't make it to finals in anything but for our relays, I am pretty sure that they will have plenty of time to stalk me with the camera in the future.

Some people are just made for the camera... :)
Got my hoodie, my goodie bag, and my giant jaw breaker lolly pop.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment