Monday, March 22, 2010

Golds

Golds is over!  It was last weekend, and I'm really sorry I didn't post about it earlier.  On Friday was the MILE and the 800 free relay.  Our relay did great, making it to Sectionals!!  After about a year of waiting, because the mile is dead last, I swam it for the second time ever.  I dropped 37 seconds for a time of 18:50!  I am very, very, very excited and happy about that swim.  Like last time, I was under pace most of the time... that means I went faster than planned :) 

Next day I swam the 100 fly, 100 back, and 50 free plus relays in prelims.  I made it back to finals in all 3 of my events, dropping time in the 100 back (1:02.73) and 50 free in prelims.  At finals, I FINALLY broke a minute in the 100 fly for a time!!  I had a 59.42 in that, and a 24:40 in the free, which I took 2nd in! 

Sunday morning was hard becasue of the daylight saving time.  Ben Franklin invented those by the way.  Anyways, in prelims I swam the 200 free, 200 back, and 100 free plus relays.  Best times in all of them, 2:02.08 in the 200 free, 2:17.06 in the 200 back,(I dropped 3 seconds!!) and 54.89 in the 100 free.  I finaled in everything, but didn't have best times at finals, which is okay with me!  I am very satisfied with my performance at Golds, and can't wait for Sectionals!

Above- Me, my hardware, and my ribbon back at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment