Friday, June 5, 2009

Maximum Ride

Hi! This is an older post that somehow never made it to blogdom. I wrote it a few months ago and I STILL highly recommend the Maximum Ride books by James Patterson I promote in this post!

Ah, the benefits of home schooling. We may not get snow days, unless it snowed so bad we could not make it to the living room. But we do get days where we have so much going on, we get the day off. And that would be today! I don't really have much going on, but my brothers had karate this morning, and then my one brother had to get fitted for a retainer. Then my mom had to go to Super Walmart. I hate Super Walmart. Hate it. So last night I decided to read the newest Maximum Ride book cover to cover. Sitting here in my PJ's I would like to write a book review of it~ I will have to give you some background for all of you who havn't read the previous books.



Ok, so there are 6 kids, and they escaped from the School. Well, that's what they call the evil human experimentation lab that tortured their lives for as long as they can remember. They had avian DNA grafted into them, so they are 98% human and 2% avian. So they escape, and they are always fighting in kick butt action scenes with the school. But let me go over the kids...



Maximum Ride (Max for short)~ She is 14 (they think, but they don't really know their ages) and she is the leader of the Flock.



Iggy~ He is 14, blinded (by the School), and can explode almost anything.



The Gasman (Gazzy for short)~ He is 8, and is partner in exploding things with Ig. They could explode a bowl of jell-o, they're that good!



Fang~ He is 14, dark and mysterious, hardly ever talks.



Nudge~ She is 11, and can hack any computer, any time, any place. She also has a very good fashion sense.



Angel~ She is 6, can read minds, and sometimes control them. Some 6 year old!



Total~ A little black scottie they rescued in one of the books, oh, and he can talk too.



And the coolest thing about all of them is that they have wings. They have rapier vision, they are also SUPER strong and tall. Street fighting with Erasers, Flyboys, and M-Geeks just made them stronger.

If you like action-filled books with likable characters - I highly recommend all of the Maximum Ride books!

No comments:

Post a Comment