Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day Of School

Hey! Well today we started back to school (sigh...) but it wasn't that bad. I just had a lot more work! I started Spanish, lots of English programs and grammar stuff, I got this hard "Spelling Workout" for 7th graders and I really don't like it. Mostly because I SUCK at spelling. I should have started with the 1st grade spelling! Just kidding! I am finishing up math 7 from last year and then I will start Pre-Algebra. It sounds like an illness. We did the usual states and capitals, and geography together, went over some greek roots, and listened to the latin phrase of the day/week... I'm not sure. Greek and latin roots are cool, here is some from The Greek...


  • Phobos- fear... phobia!
  • Photos- light... photographs
  • Graph- to draw or write ^
  • Syn- with or together... like symphony!
  • Metron- to mesure... the metric systom!

But before all of that we had the coolest part of every Monday starting today... Random Experiment Monday! (Yes I know REM stands for Rapid Eye Movement during sleep, but that is okay!)


Today we did one with diet coke and mentos. It was sweeeeeeeet! It all shot at least 15 feet into the air! Here is a clip.....................




3 comments: